[BDC-2010] BDC meetings

Dan Heller dheller at ucsc.edu
Tue May 3 14:15:51 PDT 2011

Everyone--

Sorry for the silence this week. You may have noticed the big press the C4E
is getting; it's taken my time/attention.

   - We will be meeting every Tuesday and Thursday until then. That includes
   tonight.
   - One of the required documents will be a written narrative of your
   slideshows (pitch deck). Although you may have forgotten, I had mentioned
   that such a beast will be due by finals. We will go over this requirement at
   tonight's meeting.
   - I will want to see an equity distribution table among the founders, and
   a confirmation that all team members have agreed on that distribution. This
   is also required in order to compete in the finals.
   - *All teams must have at least one other person* -- lest you forget that
   the most important thing to investors is the team. A smart CEO is nothing
   without an ability to attract others. And the worst team members are family.
   Most investors will not invest in family businesses unless/until they've
   built an miniature empire already.

--
Dan Heller
Executive Director